(31) Ultra-tough elastomers from stereochemistry-directed hydrogen bonding in isosorbide-based polymers. Petersen, S. R.; Prydderch, H.; Worch, J. C.; Stubbs, C. J.; Wang, Z.; Yu, J.; Arno, M. C.; Dobrynin, A. V.; Becker, M. L.; Dove A. P. Accepted, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.202115904.
(30) Crystallization-induced gelling as a method to 4D print low-water-content non-isocyanate polyurethane hydrogels. Fanjul-Mosteirín, N.; Aguirresarobe, R.; Sadaba, N.; Larrañaga, A.; Marin, E.; Martin, J.; Ramos-Gomez, N.; Arno, M. C.; Sardon, H.; Dove, A. P. Chem. Mater. 2021, 33, 7194-7202.
(29) Cyanine-5-driven behaviours of hyperbranched polymers designed for therapeutic delivery are cell-type specific and correlated with polar lipid distribution in membranes. Simpson, J. D.; Currin-Ross, D. L.; Ediriweera, G. R.; Schirra, H. J.; Fletcher, N. L.; Bell, C. A.; Arno, M. C.; Thurecht, K. J. Nanomaterials 2021, 11, 1745.
(28) 4D polycarbonates via stereolithography as scaffolds for soft tissue repair. Weems, A.; Arno, M. C.; Yu, W.; Huckstepp, R. T. R.; Dove, A. P. Nat. Commun. 2021, 12, 3771.
(27) Thermally-induced hyperbranching of bromine-containing polyesters by insertion of in situ generated chain-end carbenes. Bexis, P.; Bell, C.; Arno, M. C.; Thomas, A.; Dove, A. P. Chem. Commun. 2021, 57, 4275-4278.
(26) Aliphatic polycarbonates from cyclic carbonate monomers and their application as biomaterials. Yu, W.; Maynard, E.; Chiaradia, V.; Arno, M. C.; Dove, A. P. Chem. Rev. 2021 DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemrev.0c00883.
(25) Selective chemical upcycling of mixed plastics guided by a thermally stable organocatalyst. Jehanno, C.; Demarteau, J.; Mantione, D.; Arno, M. C.; Ruipérez, F.; Hedrick, J. L.; Dove, A. P.; Sardon, H. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021 60, 6710-6717.
(24) Concomitant control of mechanical properties and degradation in resorbable elastomer-like materials using stereochemistry and stoichiometry for soft tissue engineering. Wandel, M. B; Bell, C. A.; Yu, J.; Arno, M. C.; Dreger, N. Z.; Hsu, Y.-H.; Pitto-Barry, A.; Worch, J. C.; Dove, A. P.; Becker, M. L. Nature Commun. 2021, 12, 446.
(23) Synthesis and applications of anisotropic nanoparticles with precisely defined dimensions. A. K. Pearce, T. R. Wilks, M. C. Arno, R. K. O’Reilly, Nat. Rev. Chem. 2021, 5, 21-45.
(22) Engineering the mammalian cell surface with synthetic polymers: strategies and applications. M. C. Arno*. Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2020, 41, 2000302.
(21) Organocatalytic synthesis of alkyne‐functional aliphatic polycarbonates via ring‐opening polymerization of an eight‐membered‐N‐cyclic carbonate. P. Bexis, J. De Winter, M. C. Arno, O. Coulembier, and A. P. Dove. Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2020, 2000378.
(20) Elastomeric polyamide biomaterials with stereochemically tuneable mechanical properties and shape memory. J. Worch, A. C. Weems, J. Yu, M. C. Arno, T. R. Wilks, R. T. R. Huckstepp, R. K. O’Reilly, M. L. Becker, and A. P. Dove. Nat. Commun. 2020, 11, 3250.
(19) Manipulating the fluorescence lifetime at the sub-cellular scale via photo-switchable barcoding. Y. Xie, M. C. Arno, J. Husband, M. Torrent-Sucarrat, and R. K. O’Reilly. Nat. Commun. 2020, 11, 2460.
(18) Synthesis of functionalized cyclic carbonates through commodity polymer upcycling. C. Jehanno, J. Demarteau, D. Mantione, M. C. Arno, F. Ruipérez, J. L. Hedrick, A. P. Dove, and H. Sardon. ACS Macro Lett. 2020, 9, 443-447.
(17) 3D printing for the clinic: examining contemporary polymeric biomaterials and their clinical utility. A. C. Weems, M. M. Pérez-Madrigal, M. C. Arno, and A. P. Dove. Biomacromolecules 2020, 21, 1037-1059.
(16) Exploiting the role of nanoparticle shape in enhancing hydrogel adhesive and mechanical properties. M. C. Arno*, M. Inam, A. C. Weems, Z. Li, C. Platt, A. L. A. Binch, S. Richardson, J. A. Hoyland, R. K. O’Reilly, and A. P. Dove. Nat. Commun. 2020, 11, 1420.
(15) Anisotropic polymer nanoparticles with controlled dimensions from the morphological transformation of isotropic seeds. Z. Hua, J. R. Jones, M. Thomas, M. C. Arno, A. Souslov, T. R. Wilks, and R. K. O’Reilly. Nat. Commun. 2019, 10, 5406.
(14) Robust alginate/hyaluronic acid thiol–yne click-hydrogel scaffolds with superior mechanical performance and stability for load-bearing soft tissue engineering. M. M. Pérez-Madrigal, J. E. Shaw, M. C. Arno, J. A. Hoyland, S. M. Richardson, and A. P. Dove. Biomater. Sci. 2020, 8, 405-412.
(13) Catalytically active N‐heterocyclic carbene release from single‐chain nanoparticles following a thermolysis‐driven unfolding strategy. S. Garmendia, S. B. Lawrenson, M. C. Arno, R. K. O’Reilly, D. Taton, and A. P. Dove Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2019, 1900071.
(12) Exploiting topology-directed nanoparticle disassembly for triggered drug delivery. M. C. Arno, R. J. Williams, P. Bexis, A. Pitto-Barry, N. Kirby, A. P. Dove, and R. K. O’Reilly. Biomaterials 2018, 180, 184-192.
(11) pH-responsive, functionalizable spyrocyclic polycarbonate: a versatile platform for biocompatible nanoparticles. M. C. Arno, R. P. Brannigan, G. M. Policastro, M. L. Becker, and A. P. Dove. Biomacromolecules 2018, 19, 3427-3434.
(10) Poly(pentafluorophenyl methacrylate)‐based nano‐objects developed by photo‐PISA as scaffolds for post‐polymerization functionalization. B. Couturaud, P. G. Georgiou, S. Varlas, J. R. Jones, M. C. Arno, J. C. Foster, and R. K. O’Reilly. Macromol. Rapid Commun. 2018, 1800460.
(9) Confinement of therapeutic enzymes in selectively permeable polymer vesicles by polymerization-induced self-assembly (PISA) reduces antibody binding and proteolytic susceptibility. L. D. Blackman, S. Varlas, M. C. Arno, Z. H. Houston, N. L. Fletcher, K. J. Thurecht, M. Hasan, M. I. Gibson, and R. K. O’Reilly. ACS Cent. Sci. 2018, 4, 718–723.
(8) Nonswelling thiol-yne cross-linked hydrogel materials as cytocompatible soft tissue scaffolds. L. J. Macdougall, M. M. Pérez-Madrigal, M. C. Arno, and A. P. Dove. Biomacromolecules 2018, 19, 1378-1388.
(7) Precision epitaxy for aqueous 1D and 2D poly(ε-caprolactone) assemblies. M. C. Arno, M. Inam, Z. Coe, G. Cambridge, L. J. Macdougall, R. Keogh, A. P. Dove, and R. K. O’Reilly. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 16980-16985.
(6) Controlling the size of two-dimensional polymer platelets for water-in-water emulsifiers. M. Inam, J. J. Jones, M. M. Pérez-Madrigal, M. C. Arno, A. P. Dove, and R. K. O’Reilly. ACS Cent. Sci. 2017, 4, 63-70.
(5) Permeable protein-loaded polymersome cascade nanoreactors by polymerization-induced self-assembly. L. D. Blackman, S. Varlas, M. C. Arno, A. Fayter, M. I. Gibson, and R. K. O’Reilly. ACS Macro Lett. 2017, 6, 1263-1267.
(4) Poly(oligo(ethylene glycol) vinyl acetate)s: a versatile class of thermoresponsive and biocompatible polymers. G. H. Hedir, M. C. Arno, M. Langlais, J. T. Husband, R. K. O’Reilly, and A. P. Dove, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 9178-9182.
(3) Hydrogel scaffolds for differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells. Q. Huang, Y. Zou, M. C. Arno, S. Chen, T. Wang, J. Gao, A. P. Dove, and J. Du. Chem. Soc. Rev. 2017, 46, 6255-6275.
(2) Copper(II) binding properties of hepcidin. K. Kulprachakarn, Y. L. Chen, X. Kong, M. C. Arno, R. C. Hider, S. Srichairatanakool, S. S. Bansal. J. Biol. Inorg. Chem. 2016, 21, 329-338.
(1) Functional characterization of fluorescent hepcidin. F. Dürrenberger, V. Abbate, Y. Ma, M. C. Arno, D. Jaiash, A. Parmar, V. Marshall, G. O. Latunde-Dada, T. Zimmermann, D. Senn, P. Altermatt, V. Manolova, R. C. Hider, and S. S. Bansal. Bioconjugate Chem. 2013, 24, 1527-1532.